Tuesday, April 06, 2004

The Little Bummer Boy

A kid i babysit for constantly, has just recently gotten what i call a "chill out song." (The music you listen to to calm yourself down when you're angry or annoyed.) But this song is "The Little Drummer Boy" the only christmas song I absolutely despise. So when he gets angry he goes in his room, shuts his door, and puts on that song. And to top it all off, I've heard it more times in the last five weeks, than all of the sixteen Christmases I've lived through combined.
For openers, drums do not go "rum-pa-pa-pum," they go "rat-a-tat-tat." Also, I have major issues with the line that goes: "The ox and lamb kept time." Really? How? Did they clack their hooves together? Did they dance? Am I supposed to believe that two barnyard animals who have the IQs of celery combined, spontaneously started doing the macarena?
I'll tell you all this much, if I'm taking care of a newborn, and somebody came whacking about on a drum, that person would find himself in the emergency room having his drumsticks removed from his rum-pa-pa-pum, if you catch my drift.


Fish Update: David is still alive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home