Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Ouch! Right where it hurts!

A few days ago, I was babysitting for a five year-old and a seven year-old, both boys. One of the kids, the oldest one, is a strong-willed seven year-old, and tends to get a little moody and in a lot of trouble regularly. I've known these kids since they were born and babysit them all of the time, so they know me pretty well.

Two hours into the job it hadbeen going extremely well. We had gone through our normal playtime routine that I set up with them. We read a story, played foosball, Candyland(their favorite board game), soccer, Air Hockey, raced on our bicycles and after all of this I took them inside the house to watch a movie and eat lunch. We had a lot of fun and laughs but, needless to say, the kids were getting a little tired and cranky.

The oldest kid, who had been really sweet and on his best behaviour the whole morning, started to have a bit of an attitude. At first I ignored it, not wanting to give it attention but then he started hitting his brother and throwing a fit. I sent him to his room to calm down. His response to the this was, "I don't have to listen to you!" Or something to that effect. I raised my eyebrows and picked up the phone, poised to call his dad. (As his mother instructed me to do when he misbehaves.) Since I have called his father in the past, the kid knew what I was insinuating and ran to his room screaming, "Well, you know what, Ewica?!?!? I don't have a crush on you anymore!"

I tried to keep a straight face but after he went into his room, his five year-old brother collapsed on the floor with giggles and I couldn't hold in my laughter anymore.

Hmm, too bad...I usually go for the guys who can pronounce their "R's."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home