Monday, October 10, 2005

The Holy Land

Lately, I have been daydreaming about visiting the Holy Land. Walking where Jesus walked, where the Apostles walked, where He healed lepers and blind men, where He was crucified and buried.

I have been doing research on the area, the tomb and what's going on there. The tomb, as many of you may know, is a church called the Church of the Resurrection. Every Easter (actually Eastern Pascha), at midnight, a holy fire comes from heaven and lights a candle. This fire does not burn anybody, people wash themselves with the Holy Fire. It is a miracle that has occured for centuries.

Just reading about this reassured my faith. How amazing it is that God is celebrating His Resurrection just as we celebrate it! How wonderful this happens on Orthodox Pascha!
It is truly a blessing.

One day, I hope I will be able to witness this miracle from my God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home