Thursday, November 02, 2006

What do you do on days when Morning Prayers don't mean anything to you and you find yourself just going through the motions? How do you keep praying when you just want to get on with your morning/evening? I bet everyone knows the feeling.




"Behold the Bridegroom cometh in the middle of the night and blessed be the servant whom He shall find awake. But he whom He shall find neglectful is verily unworthy. Behold, therefore, O my soul, beware lest thou fallest into deep slumber and the door of the Kingdom be closed against thee and thou be delivered unto death. But be wakeful crying 'Holy, holy, holy art Thou O God.'"



3 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Munkee said...

Reading all of St. Ignatius Brianchinanov's wonderful book, The Arena and much of Met. Anthony Bloom's, Beginning to Pray has really, really helped me in these moments.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger layne (herman) said...

Just keep praying... we have to keep pressing on.

In Confession once I shared with a Priest how I have wandering thots during my prayers and asked if he had any words of encouragement or advice... his answer, "no." He then went on to say that the Church Fathers went through those same struggles too.

Not too long ago I wasn't doing my Rule of Prayer, and I knew that some of the things that I was doing were a result of not doing my prayers. I noticed that when I returned to my prayers I felt like a human being again (if that makes sense.)

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger E Rica said...

It totally makes sense. I really do know what you mean. I feel like I live more completely when I pray regularly. I wonder what can keep me from praying?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home