Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Reaching Out

I've been feeling a little isolated lately. It seems with the friends that I have and love, we have such a hard time getting together. One of my best friends is moving and things will get even busier for Mary once she gets married (things were crazy even before she got engaged). I figured that it was just a busy time in our lives but that we'd always have each other. I'm starting to feel the need for camaraderie. I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone tell me that people come and go in life. I don't want the people I've loved and cared about for as long as I can remember to leave or to move on.

I've been bad at reaching out to new people. It takes me awhile to get my nerve up sometimes and I've been way cozy with my life lately. I've gotten lazy. I've gotta force my introverted self to reach out. So...here goes. Pray for me.

5 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am here for you anytime :) I know that life can get hectic and when it does it's sometimes hard to find time to do anything at all, and when you do have time, sometimes you just want to stay still and relax. I'm keeping you in my prayers, I care about you!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Munkee said...

Erica,

These transitions can be difficult...I really fought them at first, they were hard to go through, they catch one off guard. Hang in there...you always have our prayers.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Bluecanopy said...

I remember going through the same thing...everyone's lives are shifting and it leaves one wondering how friends are supposed to fit in.

Reaching out sounds like a good thing...especially if you're feeling isolated it can help you get out of a rut, believe me, I often feel isolated here with the kids and have to call someone and plan something or else I'll go crazy and waste time on the computer or skulk in the backyard, etc. (just ask Aaron!)

It's also good to remember that others feel the same exact way and that a call or invitation is always well received.

On that note, want to come hang out anytime soon? I don't have a car right now so you'd have to come here.

BTW, sorry for rambling...like you needed to hear my thoughts. Hey that's what comment boxes are for right?

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger E Rica said...

Maria, thanks I appreciate that a lot! I always enjoy talking to you. I remember near Christmastime you really being there for me. Thanks again.

Aaron,

A mentor once told me that most people really fight change but what's unfortunate about that is that change is one of the constants in life. And it's true, these changes caught me wayyy off-guard. As Sara said, it's always nice to hear that I'm not the only one on Earth that has had these experiences. Thank you for your prayers.

Sara, I always enjoy my time with you and your kids :). When are you due? I should try to squeeze by before the new baby is born. If not, then I'll come to see the newest Plew.

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica, no matter what happens or where I go I will always love you and be here for you. I love you more than words can say (sorry for the sappiness).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home