Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Yummy Salad

I made a filling, tasty and lenten salad today. Thought I'd share:

Ingredients:
One Cucumber (thinly chopped)
2 Tomatos (medium sized)
1/4 cup onion (minced)
4 tablespoons cashews (chopped)
1/2 clove of garlic (minced; the fresher the better)

Mix in a bowl and eat! I ate it with a dressing that I make.


Dressing:
4 tablespoons(ish) balsamic vinegar
Splash of lemon (or lime)
a little bit of salt
a little bit of pepper
a little bit (very little) of garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon vegetable oil

Mix well! If not, balsamic vinegar would do.


Let me know what you think. Enjoy!




Btw: check out Sean's most recent blog about Kauai!

2 Comments:

At 3:01 AM, Blogger Kungfupower said...

I always though of salad as more of a "presentation" element--something that adds a little "color" to a big juicy 8 pound steak or a roast chicken the size of a small sedan.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Bluecanopy said...

sounds tasty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home