Thursday, July 05, 2007

...Even to the Close of the Age

Lately, I have been disheartened by regular prayer. Sure, I've said sporadic prayers when the mood struck me and have had no trouble. It's the consistent prayer that I've been dreading. I was bummed and disappointed in myself for not feeling inspired enough to make that extra effort. As a Christian songwriter once wrote, "I'm uninspired and much too tired to bleed for the Word today though I want, I need to walk that narrow way."

As I sat there feeling sorry for myself wondering what I should do to find inspiration, I realized something: Maybe inspiration is a blessing but keeping a relationship with God isn't about feeling inspired. It's about putting yourself out there and trying every day no matter how you feel. It's not about me it's about worshipping my Saviour. And when I'm not feeling the "Spirit" move me, it's not God who is doing me wrong, it's me who is turning away. Christ told us, "Lo, I am with you always, even to the close of the age." So, if He's here all of the time, it must be me who is turning away.


Suddenly, it's much harder to feel sorry for myself.

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Kungfupower said...

Right on. I've been wrestling with some of the same issues. Your post is quite insightful.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Beniy said...

Full agreement from me as well. It's not about feeling but about doing. And it's not easy to do all the time consistently. I fail all the time at that. But, when it does happen...wow. Suddenly things seem to fall into place. Wierd, huh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home