Friday, July 13, 2007

Somebody to Look Up To

I think role-models or even just someone who has one quality that you appreciate are important in the Christian life. Every Christian looks to the Saints with honor, as do I. And I would argue that it is vital to the life of a Christian to go through life without somebody who challenges you, even be it unknowingly to that other person.

I know a few people who I admire. One word from them, positive or negative will definitely affect me. There is one girl that I know whose friendship means a lot to me. She definitely is a phenomenal example of how the Orthodox life is led. Her life is quiet but she lives it with nobleness and honor. She is one of those people who when you interact with them leave you excited to follow Christ. Now, one trait that I most esteem in her is that you see that it is God who is doing the good in her. She chooses to follow Christ every day and as a result she has become real and beautiful. Her whole life is about not giving the glory to herself but to God.


What a blessing to have these people in our lives. I thought I'd share.

2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Mimi said...

It is a blessing indeed!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Bluecanopy said...

I agree and completely understand what you're saying. It is so amazing how we influence, challenge and encourage one another. It is also amazing how equally damaging we can be...truly "the Body"

I have several people that I look up to like this...they are totally a blessing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home