Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Tuesday's Child

So, I had heard about this Monday's Child poem and I had always been curious about it. I didn't know what day of the week I had been born so I googled a little and found this website.

I'm a Tuesday's Child (who is full of grace). Well, I certainly wasn't when I took ballet classes.


The full poem goes:

Monday's child is fair of face,

Tuesday's child is full of grace,

Wednesday's child is full of woe,

Thursday's child has far to go,

Friday's child is loving and giving,

Saturday's child works hard for its living,

But a child that's born on the Sabbath day

Is bonny and blythe, and good and gay.


Let me know what all of you are.


Also, here's something I made a couple weeks ago.

6 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey erica,

I'm a sabbath child. =) It was good to talk to you the other day.

later gater,
jenni

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Mimi said...

I have far to go. Pretty spot on, actually.

My oldest is also a Thursday baby, and my husband and youngest are both fair of face babies.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Kungfupower said...

I'm a Saturday child. The verse is pretty accurate, if you change the words "works hard" to "works as little as he can get away with."

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erica,

I looked at that website, and I'm a Tuesday Child, full of Grace :) ha, ha. I love the slideshow of you and your Goddaughter...sooo cute! See you on Sunday, hope you're doing good! xoxo

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Bluecanopy said...

that website is pretty cool...i had a picture book that elaborated on that poem. i wonder where it went....

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Grace said...

I'm a sabbath child. Lucky for me that people hardly know what 'bonnie' and 'blythe' mean any more, or I'd probably bring down the curve on the accuracy of this poem. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home