Friday, September 14, 2007

Today will mark 3 years of dating for Sean and me. And, yes, two church going Orthodox Christians had to get together on one of the strictest fast days of the year. It makes it all so much more fun.

I have held off blogging about our Anniversary in the past for various reasons but this year is different. I know this is the year where he and I grew together the most. Our relationship has really matured and become something extremely precious to me. At the risk of sounding cliche, I depend, admire and love him more every day.

I was interested in him since I was thirteen years-old. Knowing my age, I didn't tell him, just admired from afar. After 3 years of wishin' and hopin', I had concluded that I would wait until I graduated high school to tell this 19 year-old that I had some heavy-duty feelings for him. By this time, most everyone at St. Barnabas knew that I was interested. I can't tell you how many people asked me if I liked Sean.

I still don't really believe that Sean was completely oblivious to my admiration. He definitely acted as though he liked me. Like putting his arm around me at an angel's game (then ignoring me for three weeks, which I haven't really let him live down ;).), But, at the same time, he confused me quite a bit too. At Grace and Ben's wedding, I sat next to him and he did not look at me or speak to me once. He had brought a portable tv and just focused on it. His dad said to me, "Well, Erica, if you ever marry Sean. This may be what it's like." I turned a different shade of red and Sean gave his dad quite the evil look.

But, finally, one Sunday while the Bishop was talking, he held my hand. This time Sean was determined to find out how I felt about him. And we were up until 5:00 am on September 14 talking about it. I had been planning to wait until I graduated high school to say anything but you know that saying, "If you want to make God laugh tell Him your plans."

There is so much more to the story but I'll leave it at that.

All this to say, happy anniversary Sean. Also, thank you Lord for bringing us together. Amen.


6 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Mimi said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary and Many Years!

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(squeeeeal)

Omigosh, you guys are such a great couple I'm just dying!

But seriously, that story brought a tear to my eye. God bless you both.

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two are so adorable, what a cute couple you make! Happy anniversary to you both :)

ha, ha..should I mention that Sean is the one who caught the garter at our wedding??? You know what that means :) hee hee.

Hope to get together with you guys soon!!

May God grant you many, many more years!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger E Rica said...

Thanks for the well-wishing all.


Grace, thanks for that comment. You made me laugh. That's very sweet.


Maria, speaking of your wedding, I saw your wedding photos. Adorable! I loved them.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Bluecanopy said...

man i remember those days of you two hanging out in the "kids room" after vespers.... i totally saw it comin ;)

we missed you at the party....hope you rubbed well!

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to one of my favorite couples in the world! We love you guys...

XOXO,
Yumi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home