Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Holiday Season

I know of a lot of people who dread this time of year. When it gets darker earlier, it's getting cooler outside, Halloween decorations come out, Thanksgiving plans are being made and the Christmas season is just around the corner. I have never dreaded this time of year. I wait impatiently for it. I welcome it with open arms. It's so beautiful the whole country changes it seems. Even the non-religious start to sing carols about God's birth.

In Orange County this year, our weather has been surprisingly decent. Spring was cool, the summer was hot but our fall is cooling off. I remember November and December being so warm that you can't wear a sweater. But this year October has been cool and pleasant. I have high hopes that November and December will actually be cold months. It would be such a nice change of pace here in So. Cal.

3 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Maria Christina Juroe said...

You're right, it's so nice when the seasons change :) That's what I miss the most about moving away from up-state new york and virginia. I miss the leaves changing colors, and the first snow-fall...it took a long time for me to feel like CA even had season changes. I'm getting more and more used to it every year. I still love visiting my family on the east coast during the holiday season! =)

We must get together soon, I'm so sorry I have not gotten back to you. John and I have been taking care of Christian since our little niece, Elizabeth was born..so it's been kinda hectic! hee hee. We miss you guys though :)

Oh, and we will definitely be at your engagement party!! We wouldn't want to miss that..you two are so cute together, and perfect for one another! xoxo

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... I do live in upstate NY, near Albany, and we are heading out in Stockbridge direction on Sunday to see the colours and snap some photos.

Southern California! I do daresay that So Cal is my idea of purgatory on earth as it lacks seasons and is near nowhere interesting. (Sorry for the rant... I was stuck there for two years... I was glad to escape!)

Winter is my favourite time of the year. There is a quiet and stillness that exists at no other time, and, besides, one can go to Fete de Neige in Montreal, certainly one of the finer pleasures of the snow-covered season! (I love the mascot of the celebration, a polar bear with a scarf and toque (often seen brandishing a Molson or Labatts, natch))

Shall I send you some snow when it arrives here?

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger E Rica said...

Well, I like the attitude of So. Cal. it's very relaxed. The weather though can be a pain.

Please do send some snow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home