Sunday, February 24, 2008

Okay, so I love this song, not just because this is the hymn the bride walks down the aisle to on her wedding day but this has become one of my favorite psalms (Psalm 45).

The Psalm is written about the Messiah and His Bride, the Church. There is a reason that this Psalm is chosen, husband and wives represent the union of Christ and His Church. This is one of those things that I find scary and humbling is that on our wedding day I will represent the Church. How can I possibly live up to that? Even more the Bridegroom represents Christ. How could I ever be worthy of that kind of love and sacrifice? I know when I will be walking down the aisle to Sean in about 8 months now that these thoughts will overwhelm me. This song will remind me about my duties, fill me with awe and I will have a surge of gratefulness that I have found a groom who is willing to live a life of love and martyrdom with me.

Anyway, enjoy the song...it's a nice version.

3 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Grace said...

I *love* that song! It's as wonderful to listen to as it is to sing. You just let it flow on and on and get lost.

As far as being a bride, ... I would almost say that something mystical happens. All the weddings I've been to, the brides are really beautiful -- and not just in the sense of being pretty, though of course that helps. It's something almost unearthly. You don't have to worry about trying to be something. The time and the spirit of it do the work -- you just have to *be*.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger E Rica said...

Thank you Grace. That was a really sweet comment. I never thought of it that way. Maybe that's what the "glow" is about, huh?

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Maria Christina Juroe said...

I have to agree with everything said. There is something "magical" about being a bride...and what the whole Orthodox ceremony represents. I just remember when I was walking down the aisle...feeling the most wonderful feeling. An overwhelming feeling over gratitude, happiness and love. I truly believe God blessed my life when He let John and I meet. I thank God every day for that. Marriage is such a blessing, and I know you and Sean will enjoy it! I look forward seeing you walking down the aisle, and begin your life together! Love you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home