Friday, February 08, 2008

Right In Front Of Me




I enjoyed a night of babysitting for my three cousins (all of whom are in our wedding) after months of not watching them. I used to babysit these "little" guys since I was eleven or twelve and I would watch them at least twice a week sometimes more. I used to get a lot of my blog material from cute things they would do or say and I learned so much from watching them grow. To me, it's a little nuts how my "baby" cousin Emma will be 4 years old in May and now my "quotes" will be coming from her. Wasn't she the little baby who would make everyone around her melt just by smiling?? When did she become a little girl who can talk your ear off?? Yikes.

It's also funny to me how the little toddlers I babysat so often for are now 8 (almost 9) and 10. When did that happen? Jeez.

While we are all on the couch, the "baby" asleep wrapped up in a blanket, I found myself happy to have a family and especially thankful for these amazing blessings that are right in front of me, less than a mile away. I love my cousins and they make me smile and teach me something every time I'm there.


We had a movie and game night. Candyland, Monopoly, Perfection and Abalone. We watched Lion King 1 and 1/2 which is kind of a dud of a movie but sweet, followed by Ghostbusters.



And now...I have some babysitting quotes for you.

"Erica, what's menstruation?" (From one of the boys. Scary!!!)

(While watching Lion King, I realized I knew who did the voice of Simba)
Me: Wow! That's Matthew Broderick.
Them (At the same time): Who?



Generation gaps...gotta love them.

1 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Laura Olson said...

Erica - I have a lot to learn from you about this whole blogging thing. I love your blog!! So fun! Happy Valentine's Day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home